Saturday, March 10, 2012

The perfect day to Blog!

It's March, yet outside it feels like a mid June day! Crazy, but I'll take it!!! My schedule as a nurse is so nice because I only work 3 days a week- but I work 12 hr shifts- at night. Sometimes it's hard when I have a few days off in a row during the week finding productive stuff to do- besides shopping! So, since enjoying the outdoors is FREE I decided to take in the sun, and go up to our rooftop to blog, internet surf and read. SO relaxing! 

My roof top view- Beautiful uptown Charlotte skyline

 I am SO looking forward to the summer and all of our trips we have planned! As for now we are going to San Diego, CA to visit Joel's family in July. We have planned to do a two night mini getaway to Santa Barbara in the middle of the trip. I cannot wait for this! I have been to San Diego many times throughout our dating and engaged years, and I love it! We are going to try to explore more of sunny CA on our future trips out there though. Our thoughts are if were already paying a fortune to fly out- we might as well travel some when we're there! Personally I love this idea- I mean of course- I came up with it! Luckily my Husby was on board! We're looking very forward to our little getaway! My notepad already is full of places to go, eat, shop and stay! I can't wait to get our PTO finalized and start to book our trip! More of this to come later!
Can't wait till July!
We're also going to Folly Beach in September with my parents, Aunt, Uncle and cousins! We have all been vacationing together my whole life, and we do it well! ha ha! My Dad found us an awesome house on the inlet. We have our own dock, with it's own outdoor room/gazebo that has electricity. I think the boys will be fishing, drinking beer and hanging out there the whole day. Probably the only time they will leave is to hit up the golf course!


My girlfriends and I are still throwing around the idea of all getting together probably around Labor Day- no set plans yet- but I hope it works out! Two years ago we went to Hilton Head and rented a house for the long weekend. IT was all of girls and our significant others- we had a blast! We had our own pool, and spent the entire day at the beach, came back enjoyed a swim and then grilled out and drank the night away. I look back on that trip often and laugh. I can't share many stories on here :) We got a little wild!

Such an amazing long weekend away! The girls, minus Joy- she was too busy drinking :)
I'm looking forward to traveling and soaking up that summer sun! I need a tan- like BAD!
Cheers to the ever approaching warm weather :)









3 comments:

  1. So lucky for going to California! Love it there. You have such an awesome view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for our summer trip!!! Agh!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for a summer trip... can't wait to get it on our calendars! love ya!

    ReplyDelete