Sunday, March 4, 2012

I DO- Our Ceremony

Signed, Sealed and Delivered- I'm yours!

Our wedding Ceremony was absolutely perfect!

A stunning mountain skyline backdrop, fall crisp air, a beautiful stone and lantern filled terrace, and all of our loved ones by our side- it was the perfect way to say I DO!

Until getting engaged I had always been an absolutely no outdoor location type of gal. Let's face it I did not want to have to worry about the weather being an issue- but my number one thing honestly was that I didn't want to have to worry about my hair messing up! Ha! 

After getting engaged man did those plans change- I absolutely wanted outdoors. Joel and I both grew up in church and are religious, but I definitely think an outdoor ceremony can be just as religious and spiritual. We felt the love from our family, friends and God shining down on us during our ceremony.  The air was crisp- but we were warmed by all the love surrounding us! 

Even though I had lived in Asheville the majority of my life,  I never had thought/dreamt of being married at the Grove Park Inn. I only looked at a few venues- and we went to GPI first. Honestly we were SOLD- I immediately had a feeling and butterflies- this was where we were supposed to get married! I couldn't get it out of my mind- and my Mom had basically already started planning the big day! 

 But just to not get too ahead of ourselves we put a hold on our date - 10/01/11...the last October date available (hello fate!),  and checked out one more location. As we did our walk through we were constantly elbowing each other and hinting- ehhh this is nice, but it's not GPI. Ha Ha! 

I was very lucky because I was as sold as my parents were! And luckily my(then) fiance' completely trusted me. We had discussed our vision for the day and we completely agreed on it all. After visiting the following weekend- Joel was in! We signed all our contracts and our date was set! Holy cow that was easy! I was so happy finding our venue was not a hassle! 

For our wedding we knew that we would have a lot of out of town guests- our college friends, out of town family, and Joel's family from California. Having our ceremony and reception in one place was a big perk for us. After the ceremony was done- the party could immediately start! Our guests could go right into the cocktail hour and the celebration would immediately begin! Also after my bridal portraits I was glad to not have to get in a car in my dress- even though my dress wasn't "poofy" it can really take up some room! 

For the ceremony we wanted an arch way decorated in flowers to be really the main decor of our ceremony   "alter". I wanted a full but then cascading floral look. I think it turned out fabulous! 


Our Arch! 

The chairs had hydrangea blooms along with magnolia branches- rustic elegance

Wedding Ceremony Program

We chose to be traditional and not see each other before the ceremony. We both wanted that anticipation and rush of emotions that comes with seeing each other for the first time as your about to commit and join as one. It was just that- emotional, so special and even more romantic and memorable than I could have imagined! I definitely was nervous and excited- but started to tear up as I was walking with my Dad. Luckily I got it together- as my day chanted to me "this is fun, this is fun", and I have a few pics without an ugly cry headed down the isle! 


My Dad's smile just makes me so happy!
This is fun, this is fun!
The look on Joel's face as I walked down to meet him was just simply priceless! He was the sweetest thing, pure excitement and joy radiated from his adorable smile- and tears were shed- score! These pictures are some of my favorites! They truly capture the emotion of this moment!
Still calm

Deep Breathe
And all smiles!
Our littlest bridal party members were too cute for words! Our flower girls- Isabella and Jocelyn I had nannied for all through college! I started to babysit Bella when she was 4 months old- she's now in first grade! Wow I'm feeling old!
They were so cute!
Our ring bears were also siblings! Our close family friends Jason and Stephanie are the proud parents of these cuties! They looked so adorable with this sign I bought on Etsy!

The sign was a big hit!

The Mountain View Terrace- GPI

Completely picturesque

Vow time!

You may kiss your Bride!

Too happy for words!
 This was with no exaggeration the absolute best day of our lives! We will look back on these pictures and remember the joy we felt that day and be happy- very happy!



5 comments:

  1. I'm loving all these wedding pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This all looks so beautiful! And I love your flowers :)

    www.livingbarefootandcrazy.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful ! YOu had a gorgeous wedding girl !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much!! I'm having fun re-living it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done an amazing job on ALL of this, babe!
    I have enjoyed every bit and love ya

    ReplyDelete