Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Our Love Story

It had to be fate...for a Southern California boy to meet and fall in love with a North Carolina girl! Well at least that's the way we like to think about it! ;) We met the first day of Business 101 but were really introduced by our friend Olivia.  


Though we were friends first, we always had that little spark! In March of 2005 while on Spring Break with friends in Wilmington, NC Joel asked me to be his girlfriend. From that moment we have shared tons of laughs, made many memories, and fallen more in love than we both could have imagined! 


The most special day yet though was 11/20/2010 when Joel proposed. Back in Wilmington on Wrightsville Beach where it all began he asked me to be his wife! The rest is history!


How we got engaged below:


The weekend started out by Joel surprising me and taking me to Wilmington! We hadn't been back in at this point 5 years- so I was pretty excited! 
Joel got us a really cool suite at the Shell Island Resort- it's at the end of the island and the beach is gorgeous and private!


When We got into our room Joel left to go "get some more stuff from the car"...little did I know the little turkey was going to hide the ring in his pocket! When he got back we quickly opened the vino, took some pretty pics off our balcony and then decided to go for a walk on the beach! 
Our View- it was November and the weather was absolutely fabulous!



I love we got a lot of before pics! I love how this pic has our shadows! I also didn't know that nervous Joel completely downed his vino! Ha ha!  A little liquid courage never hurts!



Pure happiness! Just a few minutes after we got engaged!!
This one will always make us laugh and put a big smile on our faces!
Funny thing was the only people on the beach within walking distance of us was an older couple- from Charlotte of all places! They were so sweet and took some after pics for us!


Right where he asked me!

What a gorgeous setting! The sunset was incredible! We were SO ready to celebrate- Joel had lots of Champagne waiting for us in the hotel!
After Champagne we continue to night to a local seafood restaurant on the water to have a great dinner!

The next morning after brunch we headed straight to the beach to have another walk and take in the great weather!

After enjoying the beautiful beach we headed out to explore Wilmington! We went to lunch and shopped at the local beach shops!
Wilmington I hope we will be back to visit again soon!

After a great relaxing day it was time to hit the road to home! We we're so excited to skype with our families and see and celebrate with our friends!

Before we could head home though there was one very important stop we had to make.......Now that it was official I had to buy my first wedding magazines as an engaged girl!




They definitely kept me occupied and entertained on the trip home! We were so excited we even started discussing hopeful wedding plans on the drive back- so like me to jump into  planning mode!


Showing off my Wrightsville Beach Fall in LOVE shift! My little souvenir from the weekend!
Looking back at these pictures makes me so happy! It's so nice to be able to have memories of the weekend when we officially started the beginning of our life together! 




No comments:

Post a Comment